Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Most Magical Place on Earth

I'm not sure who had more fun on this trip--Elizabeth or Mom.  I'm thinking it was a tie.
In late March we drove down to Sunny Florida to spend the week at DisneyWorld.  It was Elizabeth's first trip and she had been bursting at the seams for months ready to go.  Finally the day arrived and we got up at 3:00am to hit the road.  It was a 9.5 hour trip but it honestly flew right by.  We made it to our resort by 12:30, had lunch and checked out the pool.  We also hit Downtown Disney that night for some shopping and dinner. 

This post has the potential to get quite long, I could go on for days about the trip and have close to 500 pictures to prove it.  In my attempt to be (somewhat) brief I'll show a couple of highlights from each theme park.

Our first full day was spent at the Magic Kingdom.  I think this was Elizabeth's favorite day.  We met tons of characters, rode a few rides, and received a Princess makeover at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.  The makeover was a necessity for our dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table, where we met all of the storybrook princesses and dined on a three-course meal. 
The next day we went to Animal Kingdom.  That was a great park, although I think it was Elizabeth's least favorite.  Not to say she didn't have fun, just that the princesses and Toy Story are hard to top.  We did get to take a safari ride, go to a petting zoo, got her face painted, and had an awesome lunch at a African/Middle Eastern buffet. 


Back to the Magic Kingdom next.  We had breakfast with Mickey and friends, met more characters that we didn't see the first day and hit a couple more rides. 

Hollywood Studios was next.  This was my favorite park.  We saw lots of Toy Story characters, rode the Toy Story Mania ride (which was so much fun), saw a couple of shows, and ate at Pizza Planet from the Toy Story movies. 
Finally, we hit Epcot on our last day.  That's where we found Tinkerbell and all the fairies, enjoyed the spring flower show, went to the aquarium, and had lunch in Germany.  We didn't get to spend as much time in Epcot as the other parks, so that will have to be a priority next time we go.

On the way home, we stopped in Savannah GA to break up the drive.  While there we had to go to Paula Deen's restaurant for lunch, y'all.  It was delicious, and we were so full we didn't even eat supper that night. 

I think I started planning the next Disney trip before we even finished the first one.  It really is a magical place! 



No comments: