Saturday, March 26, 2011

Happy Birthday Elizabeth!

Once again I am very behind on blogging.  March has been a busy, busy month.  It is Elizabeth and John's birthday month, we had to register for kindergarten and apply for year-round school, and I am still trying to get into the swing of a new job.  Oh, and we went to DisneyWorld :)  But more on that in another post.

Elizabeth turned 5 on the 1st.  Lucky girl celebrated for more than a week.   We started out the weekend before her birthday by visiting with Deda and Granddaddy.  We had pizza and cake, played mini golf (she got her first hole-in-one!), shopped, and they took Elizabeth to see Gnomeo and Juliet.  She got some great gifts, mostly Disney and Toy Story related.  They also gave her money to visit the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique during our Disney trip (more on that another time).


 Elizabeth's actual birthday was a Tuesday.  She is one of the last ones in her class to turn 5 and was super excited to take treats in for her friends to share.  Tuesday night is kids night at our local Chick-fil-a, so Elizabeth decided that's where we would spend her birthday evening.  It was also Dr. Seuss' birthday celebration. 
The next weekend we hosted a birthday party at Big E Bounce in Cary.  It's a big bounce house with tons of gaming consoles too.  The kids all had a blast and were very sweaty by the end of the party.  

We wrapped up the weekend with a Nealis family celebration.  Uncle Ed's birthday was that week as well, they got together to open their presents.  There were of course more Toy Story gifts, including a Woody doll to keep our Jessie doll company. 

Elizabeth is a lucky girl to have so much family and friends that want to celebrate with her.  And I'll get to the Disney post soon, getting those pictures organized is a daunting task!  

1 comment:

Hawkeye Fierce said...

She's getting so big, I can't believe it. My cousin just turned 5 as well. Where does the time go?

Sounds like she partied like a rock star! I'm jealous. I just hide from my birthdays anymore.