Where has the time gone? Seems like just yesterday I did my last post, but our Chicago trip was more than a month ago. It's been a busy fall so far. We've actually stayed in town quite a bit which is not the norm but we've gotten lots of family visits over the weekends. John and I even got a quick trip to Charlotte to visit with some friends and go to the Bears/Panthers game.
We sat behind the greatest Bears superfan ever. He came ready for the game in his Erik Kramer jersey (we didn't even know those existed anymore), zubaz, and sweet Chicago mustache. Da Bears.

Last week we went to a pumpkin farm and saw some of the biggest pumpkins we've ever seen. 
It was a cool, crisp 90 degrees on this fall day, so some farm fresh ice cream and a porch swing were needed after pumpkin shopping.

This past Friday we decided to hit up the State Fair. Nanny and Papa went with us, Elizabeth is so excited Papa is back in the state so she of course convinced him to ride several rides with her.

We also visited with the animals, including the petting zoo, rabbits, and livestock.

And of course the most important part of the fair: the food. We had BBQ (hot dog for the kiddo), cotton candy, funnel cakes, and we tried fried oreos. I liked them, no one else was really that impressed.

Time is flying by, let's hope I can provide another update before Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment