Elizabeth said she wanted to go to school to see her friends instead of stay home with me (I am so loved) so I took the day to clean out closets and mop floors. Exciting vacation day, don't you think? Honestly, it was nice to have a day alone to get these types of things done. As you can imagine it's pretty difficult to do with an active 4 year old around. And I had a nice big donation ready for the Vietnam Veterans at the end of the day.
Wednesday we finally started real vacation time. We went back to Oriental. This has become one of our favorite spots, which is a good thing since we own property there :). On the way down we stopped in New Bern to look around.
New Bern is the home of Pepsi-Cola. This pharmacy is the the birth of "Brad's drink."
We got to Oriental Wednesday afternoon. We stayed at the same hotel we did when we went with Deda and Grandaddy back in March. John, Uncle Ed, and their friend Brad went fishing Thursday morning so Elizabeth and I enjoyed a "girls day." We walked around the town, swam in the pool, shopped, and got smoothies.
Oriental boasts some beautiful river views of its own. Sunset is a particularly beautiful time of day.
Back to the real world tomorrow. Two of us aren't very excited about that, but the theme at preschool this week is "ice cream" so one of us is extremely excited about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment