Friday night Elizabeth and I went to the concert event of the year. That's right... The Wiggles!
The evening started with a trip through the Wendy's drive-thru. We didn't have much time for supper before the show started so we opted for a kids' meal on the way. The Wendy's by our house is always quick and the order comes out perfectly every time. Until this trip. I was in such a hurry when I drove off that of course I didn't check my burger. To my surprise it was covered in mayonnaise. And everyone knows how much I love mayo...not at all! I ended up tossing the top bun and eating just the meat and bottom bun.
But no worries, now we're off to see The Wiggles. Everything will be fine now. I pull into the parking spot and open the car door, and approximately ten seconds later an SUV backs into the parking spot next to mine. And into my open car door. Fortunately there was no damage to the car, it was just a bump by the SUV.
So again no worries, it was very close to Wiggle time and Elizabeth was going to love it. We get into the RBC Center, find our seats and anxiously await the start of the show. Finally---the lights go down, music starts, dancers take the stage. And Elizabeth immediately says "I don't like it, I want to go home." She climbs in my lap and whimpers, telling me several times that she was ready to go home.
I tried to pacify her for a couple of minutes. I could only think of what a disaster this evening was turning out to be, and how much happier both Elizabeth and I would have been if we just stayed home! And just then, Murray, Jeff, Anthony and Sam make their way to the stage. Elizabeth stands up in my lap, screams "There's Jeff!" (Jeff is the purple one in case you really had to know, that's her favorite Wiggle) and is a happy camper from then on. She danced, sang, befriended the little girl sitting next to us, and had a wonderful time. Which made every penny I shelled out for this event all worthwhile. And believe me, it was a lot of pennies! Ticketmaster is such a racket, but that's a post for a different time...
No comments:
Post a Comment