Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Thanksgiving

So yet again I've fallen behind on blogging.  I realized yesterday I haven't done an update in a month.  I tried thinking of what we've been up to and honestly it's all a blur.   We stayed busy with something going on every weekend.  I ran a 5k in November and beat my old personal best by almost 2 minutes.  Elizabeth kept busy with play dates and attended a couple of birthday parties for some of her friends.  And John got a promotion at work which has kept him pretty busy over the last couple of weeks. 

We did take a break to enjoy Thanksgiving with the Nealis family at Lake Gaston.  Once again Nanny outdid herself with a wonderful spread and Uncle Bill made a fantastic fried turkey.  Elizabeth decided to make placemats for everyone at the table and chose their seating arrangements. 
No one was allowed to see their placemats until dinner.  Uncle Bill and Nanny made Elizabeth's and hid it until dinner.  It started out as a monkey and turned into a monkey-bear.
After dinner the kids watched a movie.  Or more accurately, Elizabeth laid all over Edwin while he tried to watch one. 
Now it's back to the hustle and bustle of life---and getting ready for Christmas on top of that.  We're looking forward to fun times with family, visits with Santa, shopping, and baking.  Happy Holiday Season!

No comments: