Sunday, May 2, 2010

Run Elizabeth, Run

Elizabeth has been asking to do another race ever since the Jingle Bell run in December. I finally found one we could do. I ran the Second Empire 5k classic today, and Elizabeth ran the kids' 100 yard dash afterwards.
Here we are at the start of the 5k.

While I was running Elizabeth met Stormy, the mascot for the Carolina Hurricanes. Despite the 90 degree weather during the first weekend of May, I actually finished the 5k in record time. We took a break and tried to stay cool between my race and hers. Elizabeth thought the cold towels they handed out were great and kept taking mine.
At long last it was time for the kids' race. Elizabeth lined up at the start and saw one of her friends from school there. They did a great job and practically sprinted the entire way. Elizabeth even earned a medal for her hard work.
She's already asking to do another race. And she told me she is already faster than me. I think I've created a running monster...

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Too cute! Elizabeth just wants to be like mommy!