The best part of the weekend was visiting with Melissa and her sweet little boy Julian. Melissa also did the half marathon and had a great finish time too. We got together again for dinner last Monday night to catch up on everything and let the kids play. Elizabeth had a great time playing with Julian and John and I really loved having them over. Here's hoping we can see them both again soon! And Jake next time too, of course :)
Monday, April 5, 2010
Visit from a friend
Last weekend I ran the Raleigh Rocks Half Marathon. It started in downtown Raleigh, went up to the Museum of Art and through the campus of Meredith College. I felt it was a challenging course, very hilly in some spots and there was lots of road construction on Hillsborough Street. That being said, I had my best half marathon time yet. I beat my previous personal best by more than 10 minutes. I finished in 2:10:26. Not a competitive time by any means but I think it's a respectable one and I'm happy with it. I wanted to stay as close to a 10 minute mile pace as possible and I actually beat it. Thanks to Jackie for sticking with me throughout the run and pushing me to do my best---she had an awesome finish time as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment